Make a Planned Gift
What Will Your Legacy Be?
Have you considered making a planned gift to support the causes that you have cared about throughout your lifetime? If you share Audubon's values and feel a personal responsibility for stewarding our natural world, please consider extending your support beyond your lifetime by including Audubon Maryland-DC in your plans for a legacy gift, IRA rollover, or stock appreciation.
There are many ways to make a legacy gift, including:
- Making a gift through your IRA by designating Audubon Maryland-DC as a beneficiary. This strategy may have important tax benefits for your heirs and your estate.
- Naming Audubon Maryland-DC as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose.
- Naming Audubon Maryland-DC a successor beneficiary for your donor advised fund or the recipient of a portion of the remaining account value.
- Setting up a charitable gift annuity agreement to provide lifetime income for yourself or members of your family and a gift to Audubon Maryland-DC.
- Naming Audubon Maryland-DC or one of its programs in your will.
To learn more about Audubon's gift plan options, click here.
Naming Audubon Maryland-DC in your will can be as simple as adding this language:
I bequeath (dollar amount or % of estate) to the National Audubon Society, Inc., a not-for-profit organization, with its principal offices located at 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014. This gift should support Audubon programs in Maryland (or, name a specific Audubon Maryland-DC center or program). Tax ID # 13-1624102.
Please let us know about your intentions by filling out our Legacy Confirmation Form, so that we may honor your wishes to the best of our ability and recognize your support through our Grinnell Legacy Society.
Contact us for additional information or for assistance in determining which type of gift may be right for you. 410-558-2473.
How you can help, right now
Donate to Audubon
Help secure the future for birds at risk from climate change, habitat loss and other threats. Your support will power our science, education, advocacy and on-the-ground conservation efforts.
Become a Monthly Donor
Donating monthly is flexible, easy and convenient and makes you a champion birds can count on, no matter the season
Birds Need You!
Get involved in helping to preserve our birds and their habitats today. There is something for everyone!